Mema's Chicken Chowder
What you'll need:
2 boxes of chicken broth
3 stalks of celery
2 large carrots
1 small potato
1 handful frozen or fresh corn
1 can of creamed corn
1 small can of tomato sauce
1 can of diced tomatoes
2 chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
What you do:
Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, garlic powder and fajita seasoning and cook in skillet until done. Shred chicken and throw into your crockpot.
Chop veggies and add them to the crockpot.
Empty both boxes of chicken broth, can of cream corn, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes into crockpot and stir. Season with salt, pepper and garlic (you'll need more salt than you think). Let cook on low heat for 4-6 hours. You'll know it's done when your potatoes and carrots are cooked completely. Enjoy with a side of cornbread!
Such an easy meal to throw together and it makes a ton. I usually eat half the batch and freeze the rest for later.
Last week my sweet friend Katie nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. I'm supposed to tell you 7 random things about myself so here we go!
1. I danced for the Oklahoma City AFL dance team in college and I loved every second of it.
2. I am an only child and an only grandchild on one side of my family.
3. I've never seen any of the Star Wars movies.
4. Senior year of college Allison and I drove from OKC to Gruene Hall in Texas to see some girl named Miranda Lambert in concert (this was before she was really well known). We were walking through the parking lot and ran into Miranda getting off of her tour bus. We were able to walk right up to her and chat for a bit. Unfortunately I can't find the one and only picture from this day!
5. My favorite sound in the world is the sound of a theatre curtain opening. It still gives me a rush just like it did every time I would perform.
|Performing on the stage where the Academy Awards are held|
6. I miss working for Disney everyday. Time of my life.
7. I've technically been blogging for 4 years but wasn't active with it until 2014. Sadly I never celebrated my 1st blogiversary but I may cheat and do one for when I actually started writing consistently.
I now nominate 7 of my favorite bloggers:
Biana @ B Loved Boston
Kristen @ See You In a Porridge
Gina @ On the Daily Express
Pamela @ Sequins and Sea Breezes
Jaclyn @ Love and Bellinis
Meagan @ Because of Jackie
Sarah @ Venus Trapped In Mars