Monday, June 16, 2014

Weekending: Family, Blood, and a 4 Hour Cooking Marathon

Happy Monday y'all! Today I'm linking up with the beautiful Biana!  Go check her out if you haven't already.  She's fab!



This weekend involved some much needed relaxation.  We drove up to Lansing on Friday to have an early father's day celebration with Michigan's family.


















Aren't they cute?  This isn't even 1/2 of them either! We had such a fun night laughing and catching up.

Saturday I went to take a barre class for the first time in over a week.  It felt so great to be back in the studio but boy, am I feeling it today! 

The dance studio that I sub for was having a blood drive as a fundraiser and against my better judgement I agreed to go give blood. I was doing totally fine until the end and I seriously couldn't move my arm anymore!  I got super hot and weak feeling….not a good look for me!  Needless to say, I spent the rest of Saturday on the couch relaxing.

Sunday I got to try my hand a few new recipes for my weekly meal prep.
























via






















via




















I also made egg and veggie muffins, divided up raw veggies and fruit for snacks this week, and made extra quinoa for this breakfast recipe.  Yes, it took me around 3 hours and yes, I was in heaven the whole time!  I LOVE to cook and I usually have Netflix going on my computer so the time goes by way fast.  PS on that note, I started re-watching Pretty Little Liars because I am SO confused with the new premier.  I mean, I don't know if I can do another 3 seasons of this business.  Anyone else feel this way?

Well I hope y'all had a great weekend and are gearing up for a great week!  Tomorrow night I'll be listening to this song live!



4 comments:

  1. You are so good with your meal prep - I'm pretty impressed!! I do like one day at a time!! So glad you're trying the Zest Lime Shrimp and avocado salad - we loved it so hope you do/did as well! Bruno Mars in concert tomorrow -jealous!! Thanks for linking up love!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I have been wanting to get in on this meal prep thing for quite some time now.. But I can't ever decide what to make that I would want to eat several days in a row. However... That green bean and tomato salad looks reaaalllly good! I might have to try my hand at this ;)
    - Leslie

    www.withloveleslie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That zest lime shrimp and avocado salad sounds amazing! I'll have to give that a try! Love your meal prep. Have fun at your concert! Thanks for linking up! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great cook you have become. I am so proud of you.Do you ever make our pudding? Love you.

    ReplyDelete

You sweet people make my days better! Thanks for the love!